What are the organic aquaculture products?
- rational use of natural resources
- no use of synthetic chemical products
- increasing and/or maintaining biodiversity
- registers which document the applied management
Why to produce and consume organic aquaculture products?
- It maintains the system sustainability without polluting it.
- Access to markets with a differentiated product.
For the consumer:
- Food products with organic quality guarantee.
- Indirect care of environment.
- Identified and guaranteed products.
Who certifies organic aquaculture?
What are OIA’s accreditations to certify organic products?
Can I export to the European Union products certified by OIA?
Where can I get a list of permitted and prohibited inputs?
How can I market an organic aquaculture product?
What other advantages has an organic aquaculture producer?
Can GMO or transgenic products be used in organic aquaculture?
A genetically modified organism (GMO) is an organism whose genetic material has been altered in a way different from mating and natural recombination.