Facing the growing domestic and international demand of certified products, the Food Quality Attributes Certification Program provides a powerful tool to differentiate agrifood products and acts as a basic quality guarantee demanded by world markets.
OIA offers two types of certification within the Food Quality Attributes Program:
- SENASA Resolution 280 (only for Argentine companies)
- Private Protocol
Once certified, the operator may refer to the quality attributes in the product label, especially the product which has differential characteristics from other similar products.
What are this program advantages?
The certified producer and/or manufacturer improve profitability and efficiency by providing a differential product with added value and a notable place in the market.
Who can obtain the certification?
This Program is ideal for producers and/or manufacturers seeking to guarantee the differential quality attributes of their food products. In the case of Senasa’s Resolution 280, the certification is exclusive for operators within the Argentine Republic; however their food products can be marketed in Argentina or in any part of the world. In the case of the Private Protocol, the same general rules apply, but it can be requested by any national or international operator.
How is the process to get the Food Quality seal?
- The process starts when the Argentine food producer and/or manufacturer meet OIA’s representatives to introduce his/her project and verify if there is a quality attribute to certificate. The certification process for Food Quality Resolution 280 and for Private Protocol version are similar, the difference is that in the case of Res. 280, Senasa participates in the audit.
- After the certification request and signature of contract between OIA and the customer, there is an exchange of documents and information as required by the certification program.
- After the inspection, an inspection report is made and there may or may not appear non-compliances. The customer is certified after a positive report without non-compliances.
- Then, the cycle restarts for supervision.